Terms and Conditions
You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for missions on the Website. Your students are not entitled to sign up for missions in their own names.
You are responsible for providing your own access (e.g., computer, mobile device, Internet connection, etc.) to the Website, and for providing the required equipment and software for students under your supervision to participate in missions.
To participate in missions, you will need the following items for each team:
- A computer with an internet connection with Aseba 1.6.1 on this computer. This software enables remote programming of the Thymio over the Internet.
- A Thymio robot for program testing on mission day.
- (Highly recommended) Another computer. You will also need to be able to install Aseba 1.6.1 or Thymio Suite on this computer. This computer is used to test programs in-class before sending to the remote robot.
- A tool to transfer your program from the local control computer (connected to the in-class robot) to the remote control computer (connected to the remote robot), e.g., USB key, online driver.
In addition, you will need also to print and collect some common materials to build a Thymio experimental setup, e.g. black lines (printed on paper, black tape), obstacles and walls (different objects that Thymio can detect, Thymio boxes, folded paper or cardboard), etc.
Please ensure that these items will be available for the mission(s) before confirming your participation.
As part of each mission, students will need to participate in a live chat to communicate and coordinate their activities with students in other places. We expect the students to follow the Rules of Conduct for Students at all times while participating in a mission. Although we monitor communications during each mission, it is your responsibility to ensure that your students respect the Rules of Conduct for Students.
R2T2 is not responsible for your activities or your students’ activities during the mission and on chat, nor for the functioning of materials and programmes that we did not supply to you.
If you are unable to attend a mission you must provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice. Provided you give 24 hours’ notice, we will allow you to reschedule your participation once if there are some available places for your team(s) in another scheduled mission.
Unless otherwise stated, R2T2 and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in all material on the Website. R2T2 grants you a limited, non-exclusive licence to use the Website, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
With the exception of files that we make available for downloading, you must not:
- Republish material from the Website
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website
- Reproduce, redistribute, or create derivative works from the Website
- Decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Website or its source code
- Attempt to circumvent or interfere with any of our technical or security measures.
When you sign up for a mission you will receive additional materials that will help you to run the mission. Those materials are covered by creative commons attribution non-commercial international licence, version 4.0. For full details of the licence terms, click here.
We reserve the right to modify the Website at any time to make improvements and to comply with applicable laws. This may include changes to the appearance, content and functionality of the Website.
Availability and Functionality
We aim to provide a seamless service, but we cannot guarantee uninterrupted availability of the Website or other digital tools. In addition, we cannot guarantee any of the following:
- that the Website will be error-free;
- that it will be legal for you to access the Website or other digital tools in your country of residence;
- that there will be an uninterrupted Internet connection during missions;
- that the Thymio robots will operate as advertised.
You use the Website and participate in missions at your own risk. With the exception of death and personal injury caused by our gross negligence or deliberate misconduct, we do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you or your students incur while using the Website or participating in missions.
Disputes and Governing Law
In the unlikely event that a dispute arises between us with regard to the Website, you agree that we will first negotiate in good faith to resolve the dispute. If, after negotiations, we are unable to settle the dispute, it will be resolved by mediation in accordance with the mediation rules of the Swiss Chambers Arbitration Institution. Neither R2T2 nor you will take action in any court of law to resolve a dispute between us until mediation has been attempted.
The agreement between us is governed by the laws of Switzerland.